K-Beauty Brands & Products That Are Better Than a Salon Facial
Oct 15, 2018
One of the biggest trends that has graced the beauty world of the West is the rise of K-Beauty. As a result, many people are taking note of K-Beauty's skin care tips and plenty of retailers are stocking up on K-Beauty products in line with massive demands. Plus, investing in K-Beauty products can work effectively in the long run because you can achieve better skin on a lower budget.
Below we clear up exactly what is K-Beauty and what a K-Beauty skincare routine consists of. Also, we'll discuss our recommendations for K-Beauty brands and products that are both better and cheaper than a salon facial.
What is K-Beauty?
To put it simply, K-Beauty stands for Korean Beauty. It encompasses skincare products that originate from South Korea and specific skincare cleansing rituals and regimens that are heavily followed in the region. K-Beauty products rely on rich, heavy creams and focus on creating a healthy and hydrated complexion.
K-Beauty's Skincare Steps
The K-Beauty skincare regimen consists of 10 steps. Yes, you read that right - 10 steps. That may seem like a lot, but these steps are considered essential to maintaining a radiant complexion. We've broken down all 10 steps below so you can see them for yourself and take part in the K-Beauty craze:
- Cleanse your face with an oil cleanser
- Cleanse your face with foam or cream cleanser
- Apply toner to stop the skin from becoming dry or dehydrated
- Use essence, which is a product that is a cross between a toner and serum, to hydrate your complexion.
- Apply emulsion, which is a lighter version of a moisturising cream.
- Use ampoule or serum to target specific skin issues
- Use a sheet mask
- Apply eye cream on the skin around the eyes
- Use moisturiser to nourish your complexion
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun's UV rays, which are damaging and age your complexion.
Now that you know a bit more about K-Beauty and the 10 step routine, you can be sure to apply these tips to your own skincare regimen. When done consistently, you can be sure to achieve skin that is healthy, hydrated, and moisturised - all without having to fork out a ton of money for a salon-quality facial.
K-Beauty Brands: Our Recommendations
- J. One: a K-Beauty brand established by actress and influencer Ha Ji-Won that aims to plump and hydrate the skin, as well as simplifying the Korean skincare ritual so that you can look faultless in an instant.
- 3 Concept Eyes: an innovative K-Beauty brand that helps you create a sculpted look on a budget
- Glow Recipe: formulated with natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin, Glow Recipes products help women to achieve a complexion with a SoKo glow.
- Too Cool For School: a cult Korean beauty brand that incorporates cool and clever ingredients that give your face complete and nourishing luminosity.
K-Beauty Products: Our Recommendations
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask: formulated with watermelon extracts, this mask boosts your skin with vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, and hyaluronic acid. Use with the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturiser, which revitalises the skin and preps it for the day ahead.
- Skin79 Dark Panda Face Mask: Apply this mask, leave on for 10-20 minutes and remove to achieve smooth, soft, and plump skin.
- DR Jart+Rubber Mask Firm Lover: a two-step system that contains serum and works to tone, lift, and contour the skin.
- Touch in Sol Dark Out Long Lasting Primer: before applying your makeup, use this primer, which helps to battle against dark spots, pigmentation, redness, and dull skin. Alternatively, ace your base with the 3CE Back to Baby Make Up Base
- Pure Konjac Puff Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal by The Konjac Sponge Company: suitable for those with oily to combination skin types, this products stimulates blood flow and cell turnover, creating a radiant complexion.
- Tonymoly Bbo bbo Lip Balm: moisturise your pout with this lip balm and keep your lips smooth, soft, supple and smoochable.
- Tonymoly Egg Pore Blackhead Steam Balm: unclog your pores and prevent blackhead with this product and enjoy a dewy, blackhead-free and poreless complexion.
- Touch In Sol Mission Complete Waterproof Sensitive Lip & Eye Perfect Cleanser: cleanse your skin and rid your impurities with this gel-lotion cleanser, which has been enriched with botanical extracts. Alternatively, use the weightless Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Soap.